BASICS TO CHRISTIANITY CONTINUED
Authority → Origin → Greek → Author.
The Authority of any work is the Authority of the Author. It is the Author who gives Authority.
Who is the Author of The Bible
2 Timothy 3:16-17 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work.
The Authority behind all Scripture is the Holy Spirit which is God Himself. When we confront the Scripture we confront God Himself.
Who Is the Interpreter of God’s Word
2 Peter 1:20-21 Knowing this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture comes from someone’s own interpretation. For no prophecy was ever produced by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.
The Author who is the Holy Spirit is the only interpreter of the Scripture.
The Bible is Infallible
Psalm 12:6 NIV. And the words of the LORD are Flawless, like Silver refined in a furnace of Clay, purified seven times.
Note :3 Points To Look at
1. The Furnace of Clay Human as a vessel
2. Fire Holy Spirit Purifies Seven Times to
3. Refined Silver The Word of God
Men who wrote the Bible were all fallible and as such the Bible gives records of their sins. God used fallible men to write the Bible because he is the Author and the Interpreter of all scripture and His ways are not like that of men. So he used Human as a vessel representing a Furnace of Clay, then purified them with Fire which is the Holy Spirit representing a furnace, then God gave them His Word, flawless and purified seven time perfect representing the Silver.
The Attitude Of Jesus Towards His Word the Bible
John 10:35 If he called them gods to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be broken—
1. The Bible is the word of God, because it proceeds from God.
2. The Scripture is that which has been recorded in writing
How Jesus Used The Scripture
1. Matthew 3:13-17. Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to John, to be baptized by him. John would have prevented him, saying, “I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me? “But Jesus answered him, “Let it be so now, for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness.” Then he consented. And when Jesus was baptized, immediately he went up from the water, and behold, the heavens were opened to him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and coming to rest on him; and behold, a voice from heaven said, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased.”
2. Matthew 4:1-11. Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. And after fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. And the tempter came and said to him, ” If you are the Son of God, command these stones to become loaves of bread. “But he answered, “It is written, “‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.”
Then the devil took him to the holy city and set him on the pinnacle of the temple and said to him, “If you are the Son of God, throw yourself down, for it is written, “He will command his angels concerning you, ‘and “On their hands they will bear you up, lest you strike your foot against a stone.'”
Jesus said to him, “Again it is written, ‘You shall not put the Lord your God to the test.”
Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory.
And he said to him, “All these I will give you, if you will fall down and worship me.”
Then Jesus said to him, “Be gone, Satan! For it is written, “‘You shall worship the Lord your God and him only shall you serve.'” Then the devil left him, and behold, angels came and were ministering to him.
1. We will have to overcome temptation and opposition in order to move in the power of the Holy spirit .
2. Satan the devil always causes us to doubt the word of God.
3. Jesus Christ our savior dealt with temptation form Satan with the Word of God the Scripture(Matt 4:10-11. Deut 6:13-14)
Who Satan The Temptation Will cause You To Do
Genesis 3:1-2 Now the serpent was more crafty than any other beast of the field that the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God actually say, ‘You shall not eat of any tree in the garden’?” And the woman said to the serpent, “We may eat of the fruit of the trees in the garden,
Matthew 4:3. But he answered, “It is written, “‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.'”
1. To Doubt
2. To Disbelief
3. The Leads to Disobedient
Don’t entertain doubt .
To Be Continued