THE WORD OF GOD BIBLE IS THE SWORD OF THE SPIRIT
Ephesians 6:17. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God,
Confront the Enemy only with the word of God
1. Logos is the total counsel of God
2. Rhema is the spoken word of God
What Jesus Says About The Authority Of The Written Word Of God
Matthew 5:17-18″Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished
NB: Jesus absolutely endorsed the Total Authority of the Word of God.
Matthew 22:31-32. And as for the resurrection of the dead, have you not read what was said to you by God: ‘I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’? He is not God of the dead, but of the living.”
NB: The Scripture is never out of date, it is God speaking to us.
How The Life Of Jesus Fulfilled The Scripture
1. His Birth
2. His Life
3. His Death and
4. His Resurrection
The Authority Behind The New Testament
John 14:25-26 “These things I have spoken to you while I am still with you. But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.
The Authority is the Holy Spirit
1. He will teach me the scriptures
2. He will remember me the scripture. The record of the Gospel depends on the Holy Spirit .
The supreme ministry of the Holy Spirit
John 16:12-14. “I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come. He will glorify me, for he will take what is mine and declare it to you.
NB: The Holy Spirit always Glorifies Jesus. The supreme ministry of the Holy Spirit is to Reveal and Glorify Jesus.
The Nature Of God’s Word
Hebrews 4:12.For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.
1. The word of God is Alive and Powerful
2. The word of God Reveals that man is a Triune being .i.e. Body, Soul and Spirit in the likeness of the Triune God (The Father, the Son and The Holy Spirit).
3.The only way we can distinguish between the Soul and Spirit is the word of God. The only instrument that separates the Soul from the Spirit is the word of God. 1corinthians 2
4. It is the only thing that can penetrate the depth of the Human Persona.
5. It is the only thing that takes
6. It discerns the thoughts and intents of my heart.
1. Remember when you reading your Bible, your Bible is also reading you.
2. What the Bible will do to you depends on how you treat and receive it.
3. When you read the Bible take time to say God I believe in your word.
4. The provisions of God is in promise through the knowledge of Jesus.
5. God is uncreated, we are created, the created cannot create or become the uncreated.
The Effects Of What God’s Word Will Do For Me
1.Faith (Romans 10:17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.)
2.The New Birth (James1:18, 1Peter2:22-23)
3. Spiritual Nourishment (1Peter 2:2, Hebrews 5:12)
4. Mental Illumination (Psalm 119:130)
5. Physical Healing (Psalm107:17-20, Proverbs $:20-22
6. Victory Over in and Satan (Psalm 119:9-11)
7. Sanctification and Cleansing (Ephesians 5:25-27)
8. The Word of God Is A Spiritual Mirror (James 1:23-25).
I PRAY THE AUTHORITY, POWER AND INTERPRETATION OF GOD’S WORD WILL BE EVIDENT IN YOUR LIFE IN JESUS NAME AMEN