The International Football Association Board (IFAB) on Saturday, March 2 announced 5 rule changes that will be implemented for the upcoming 2019/20 season.
The world football’s rule making body made these changes during their annual general meeting in Aberdeen.
IFAB’s new rules are;
- Play will stop for a restart if a penalty is saved or hits the post. No chance to follow up & score a rebound.
- Handballs inside the Area-Goals scored that have hit w player’s hand, deliberately or not deliberately will not count.
- When a player is substituted, they will no longer have to leave the field at the halfway line & can leave the field at the nearest point.
- Players could not touch Goals kicks before they exited the box, but now they will be able to do so.
- Coaches will receive cards again – it was done in the past, but the discipline of coaches changed to simple reprimands or red cards.
This will not be the first time such changes are being made in the game as IFAB seeks to make the game of football better and more competitive.
By: Andrews Frimpong